By exposing your child to a different language at an early age, you tap their natural potential to learn languages and hear the difference in language sounds and accents. It will also help your child to learn about other cultures.
Research has shown that bilinguals tend to be more creative thinkers than those who speak one language and that their brain functions may stay sharper as they age.
Benefits of learning a second language
Research shows that children who learn a second language at an early age:
- Learn easily, rapidly, and without an accent.
- Have better problem-solving skills
- Have better critical thinking skills
- Have better flexibility of mind
- Have enhanced memory
- Have better multi-tasking abilities
- Have better academic performance.
- Have an appreciation for other cultures
- It’s never too late to start!